Thursday, October 24, 2013

Let's Go On An Adventure!

As promised, I have a cool adventure from the other night. Before I begin, let it be known I was totally safe and clearly I am alive today so it isn't a big deal. Alright, here we go
Tuesday evening, 6 college students were looking for an adventure to spice up their night. Naturally they decided to go explore the Concrete Jungle (this sick location up Logan Canyon that is all tagged up and cool lookin'). However, this wasn't the average trip people normally go on. No; they decided to make it more interesting and go rappelling!
You could say I was pretty nervous at first, but hey, we had some expert strong young men helping us out so #YOLASWEG.
Up at the Concrete Jungle, there is this water tower thingy (I just say that because it reminded us girls of the water tower on Aquamarine) and that is what we rappelled off of. To get up there, we had to harness up and hoist ourselves to the top because there is nothing to grab or step on. Let me tell you something, Tuesday night was FREEZING and extremely windy. So my hands were not functioning normally. Haha that made the climb that much more interesting.
Anyway once we all go to the top, we took a moment to lie down on the very top and look up at the stars. Holy smokes, stars are cool. The sky was so pretty and even though I was close to hypothermia I was happy to be there with those cool people. We kept ourselves warm by thinking about the following things: Big cups of hot coco, hot tubs, saunas, electric blankets, and Hawaii. (it only helped a little).
Next thing I knew, we were all harnessing up to get back down. I had rappelled a couple weeks previous in my rock climbing class, but even then I hesitated for quite a while. I probably looked like a weeny at first but give me a break, that initial lean off the edge is freaky deeky! Once I got going though, it was a piece of cake... UNTIL... my hair got stuck in the belay device. :( Yes, sad day. I had to just man up and rip my hair out. You can't really tell (fortunately!) But still, for a girl trying to grow her hair out that was a hard thing to do. Oh well! I am all good!
After a while, everyone made it down and it was time to pack up and go. We had some good laughs during the whole process and that continued as we made our way down the mountain. School is cool for 2 reasons. 1) meeting awesome people is an endless adventure up here! 2) Spontaneous activities happen on the daily, so when you are done with homework for the night it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to find something fun to do!
Sadly I don't have a picture of this adventure, but believe me when I say it was friggen cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment