Monday, October 7, 2013

1,477. 8 miles

You know who I have so much respect and love for? My home girl Abby Parish. That's who. She is always there for me, no matter what. Even though she is 1,477.8 miles away from me, I know she will answer when I call, listen to me when I need to talk, and laugh with me about everything and anything. In my mind, she is the epitome of a good friend. She accepts who I am in all forms and I am eternally grateful for that. Seriously, she is one of the few people I have in my life who I can tell anything and I don't have to worry about being judged. How cool is that? There are not many people willing to share your trials but she will listen to me for hours even after I have totally overstayed my welcome or reached the limit on how much you should say about something. She is there for me in my happy times and she is there for me in my hard times, which is equally as important. 

The reason I just really need to get this out is because I just had a solid conversation with her for 1 hour and 1 minute and I was able to pour my heart out to her and she gave me the perfect feedback and told me just what I needed to hear. And no... she doesn't tell me what I WANT to hear. She gives her opinion honestly and genuinely. This world lacks those qualities and I am so blessed to have a friend who radiates both flawlessly. 

Basically, I just really love her. And I miss her to pieces because 1 hour 1 minute isn't nearly enough. All I am saying is why should someone get to share the happy times with you if they aren't willing to be there for you when you desperately need a friend??? That is something to think about when you are choosing who you should be spending your precious time on life with.

One last thing...
If you don't HAVE a friend like this, BE a friend like this. Honestly, there aren't many people I could say this about. Be willing to understand the people around you. Don't be judgmental; you have no place to say what is and isn't a big deal to a person because to them, it could mean the world. Listen. Give advice. Be honest. Laugh. LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment