Wednesday, October 30, 2013

HOWLin good weekend!











This past weekend was the infamous Halloween dance party- THE HOWL- put on by the one and only Utah State University! Out of our roommates, me and Carl were the only ones daring enough to check out what our school is made of. We had all heard it was pretty sketchy and for that reason none of our other roomies wanted to join us. However, I am totally happy I went because there was not a moment that I felt creeped out! We talked to some people who went last year and they said the school had done a good job at cleaning it up a ton so we got lucky that it really wasn't as wild as we heard it was going to be! The highlight of the night was Shiney Toy Guns! They are so good and I am sad no one really knows them very well because OH BABY I was having such a good time singing along and dancing to the music but none of the girls I went with knew who they were so I hope they were having a good time! Also, our great friend Baylee came over before we left to do our make up and let me tell you, that chick's got talent! I told her we have to be friends forever and whenever I get married she is going to do my makeup for the occasion (: She is such a sweetheart for doing that for us! Plus, she told me I have a good face for make up (probs my black lips) so she was just making me feel so good about myself and I decided even though she's the sassiest woman I know, I love her to pieces because she is always straight forward and honest and so when she tells you something, you can believe her! Another awesome thing about Saturday was the fact I got to see some familiar faces I miss and love! My bestie Emily came up, Haley Roberts and her roommates came up from BYU (I miss Haley so much! She is one of the funniest girls I know. Even though I am bummed I didn't know her very well most of high school, I am soooo happy I got to know her my senior year because she is so great!), even my brothers friends came up, Travis and Murph, and gave me a quick visit before the dance!
Alright, so now you know about my Saturday, let me tell you about Friday and how I kick started this HOWLin good weekend! Friday was beyond gorgeous up here and I had made plans with myself to study that afternoon (even though it was so beautiful out), BUT my plans changed when my friend Josh invited me to go climbing up the canyon! Do you think I was going to miss out on that opportunity to be cooped up indoors and study?! Heck no! So after I got back from Institute I hurried and changed and ate and scurried out the door! We also picked up 2 of his friends who are super nice and proceeded up the canyon (after I met their kitty cat that they are harboring in their dorm :) ) The place we went looked pretty tough, but I was with three cute guys so I just went along with it! When they told me I was up next I was pretty nervous because it looked really hard but I harnessed up and started climbing! It did take me a little while and some advising from the boys below, but after a while I made it to the top and felt so victorious! One of the guys told me I was the third girl he had seen make it to the top so that is pretty cool! (Here's a secret, there were several places on the climb I was tempted to say I was good and be done, but hello I didn't want to look like a noob, so I kept going and that worked out well because making it to the top of a hard climb is one of the most rewarding feelings!) Haha sometimes it is easier to push yourself when you have some motivation, know what I mean?! Haha anyway, even though I should have been studying, I am so happy I took advantage of the beautiful weather because guess what?! Yesterday... IT SNOWED! yikes.
That ended up being quite a ramble of things, but there ya have it! My HOWLin good weekend! (:

1 comment:

  1. Cuh-Lay-Uh!!
    You're sort of a 'HOWLin' good time!
    Thank you for the mention. You're far too kind.
    We will be friends forever. Love you boo!
    That is all. (:

    -B.

    ReplyDelete