Friday, November 22, 2013

The 21st of November

Last night was the night we have all been waiting for for weeks.... months even! Yes, I am talking about the premiere of "Catching Fire"! AHHHH. You guys, this movie changed my life! But before I go on gushing about this movie, let me tell you about our pre-movie experience!
Thursdays at Pizza Pie Cafe are Karaoke Night. You better believe we hit that up before hitting the movies. Pizza Pie Cafe is a glorious restaurant where you get an all you can eat buffet including pizza (of course), a salad bar and a pasta bar all for a remarkable price! College kid heaven basically. And Karaoke Night is even cheaper! $6 for tons of food and tons of fun??? Count us in! We went with our dorm and the cute girls "across the way" as we like to refer to them (: It was such a blast. The only downer was the fact that we were sitting at the table furthest away from the buffet, so every time we want to refill our plates was legitimately the walk of shame. I think I took that walk like 8 times. Sorry, I'm a hungry lady okay?! But I got over that in no time because our table was definitely the party table! We had a huge table of fun girls and we were singing our hearts out the whole time! In my opinion, the best part was when this kid went up to sing, instead of going for an upbeat-dancing song, he took the slow jamz option! At first it kind of felt like "Aw, come on! This is ruining our partying mood!" But then we decided to keep partying anyway and we started singing to him and pointing at him and winking at him and doing all the silly things girls do. Naturally he returned the favor and got pumped up and was totally singing his heart out for us! Haha after he came back and thanked us for making his song special! I am telling you, this group of ladies does it right! My type of people, for sure.
We REALLY wanted to sign up too but we were too far down the list and we still had to make it to our movie so we didn't get to perform :( (this time) (:
So after we had our fill we all piled into the cars and made our way to the movie! [Side note: the seats in that theater are reallllly comfy... I mentioned how much I loved them to Rachel and Carly but I don't think the seats impressed them as much as they impressed me]. We watched a couple trailers and thennnnnn TA DA the movie started! I was so excited my hands were getting clammy and my heart was beating like a hammer. Weird? Probably. I'm I okay with how big of a nerd I am? Totally!
I don't want to give anything away.... BUT DANG THAT MOVIE WAS INCREDIBLE! A couple scenes into the movie I had to put my big winter coat back on because I had goosebumps the entire time! Ahh it was so good. I have read the books but it's been like 3 years and there were some things I had forgotten, so even though I knew what was going to happen next there were still some things that made me jump!
Once the credits started rolling we all kind of were in a daze from the magic we had just witnessed. Then we all started freaking out and Rachel said something that perfectly sums up how this movie will make you feel... She said, "I feel like a Great Woman!!!!" Aint that the truth?! LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE. Hahaha Megan F. even had a melt down, bless her heart (: She was still all teary eyed from all the craziness that occurred and man, she is just such a funny girl! Everything she does makes me laugh so hard! 
Unfortunately we didn't get any pics at Pizza Pie :(, BUT, we did get these pictures after the movie!

Hahaha you can see Megan crying there, right behind me (:


We <3 Katniss

Goofy ladies

1 comment: