Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pits&Peaks

My main lady Carly Barton always asks us what are pit and peak of the day was. A pit is something that gets you a little down and a peak is something that lifts you up! So I am stealing this idea and recording mine for this week here!

Pits:

  • Being gone from my dorm from 10-7:30 on Tuesday... What a doozy. I went to class, to the library, to class, to the library, to a review session, then to Friends of the Elderly. At least I ended the long day serving the elderly of our community by keeping them company!
  • I have been living off typical college food this past week (like zero fruits and veggies) because I am going home this weekend so I haven't wanted to go to the store alone and buy fresh stuff just for it to sit in the fridge getting all sick nasty while I am away. 
  • Me and Rachel's pass to the Rock Haus expired this past Sunday so we can't go anymore :( I am already having major withdrawals...
  • Registration for next semester is tonight so I have been planning my schedule this week which has been stressful and fun at the same time. Stressful because my classes kept clashing and overlapping with other classes and fun because thinking about taking new classes is exciting! (Even though I have to take a math class AND science class..... yuck.)
  • Finally figuring out a bomb schedule for myself but still having to stress over if I will even get into the classes when we register tonight. 
  • I have worn my combat boots to their fullest extent to the point of the heels worn down unevenly resulting in pain in my actual heel. I hope no one has noticed my pathetic itty bitty limp, haha, I just don't want to put any unnecessary pressure on my little footsies!



Peaks:
  • Getting a phone call Monday morning from the math department telling me I didn't have to take the math placement test! Yahoo!
  • We took Awkward Family Photos for FHE and got to start the holidays early with ugly Christmas sweaters, doughnuts, and incredibly delicious slow-cooker hot cocoa made my the girls downstairs including cocoa power, sweetened and condensed milk, whipped cream and all the goods that are bad for you. 
  • The Institute gave out free chili and chips on Tuesday! 
  • We didn't take the test I was expecting Tuesday afternoon so I have more time to prepare and understand the happenings in the current play we are reading "Merchant of Venice" (which is pretty good BTW). 
  • My insanely awesome Professor, Susan, gave us Cuties in class because she thought we were in need of some nutrients (:
  • Also Susan announced if we do well on our last 2 tests we won't have to take a final! Hallelujah! Now all we will have to do is submit our final essay over canvas!
  • I only have one more passport event to attend until I have 10 stamps and will get 30 bucks put onto my Aggie Express account AND getting dinner with the President! Holla
  • Finishing my last exam until Finals week.
  • Pumpkin spice pancake mix made with chocolate chips. Yum. 
  • Saige's friend from high school, Aubree, said she would sign up for Friday 2:30 snowboarding with me next semester!


No comments:

Post a Comment