Wednesday, April 8, 2015

positive self-talk > negative self-talk

Has anyone else noticed a pattern in my blog posts? For example, I’ve just come to the conclusion that they almost always start out with some kind of disclaimer… like “I am stressed to the maxxx and have a shizton to do, yet here is X reason I simply must release my thoughts to the world”?

Well whoops, here we go again. The good news here is that writing works as a major stress reliever to me. It is the very best kind of free therapy/ self-expression. So mahalla, looks like my choice of study really is where I need to be (even if I am procrastinating studying for said major right this second. Heh oops).

I’ve wanted to post something on the following topic for a long time but haven’t been able to phrase the words in a way I like. However, today as I fixing my hair before I ran off the my second home, aka the library, I thought about it in a way that was new and refreshing to me so I figured maybe this time around I would be able to string together the words the way I’d like them to sound…

I have this little saying that keeps me sane (maybe not humble haha but sane) and that is:

I AM A CATCH.

Yes, sometimes shy Claire has an ego (but it only sounds totally egotistic, I promise. I have sound reasoning for this so you need to keep your hope in me alive and just give me a chance to explain). This little saying has the ability to keep me going so I would like you to consider giving it a shot too.

YOU ARE A CATCH.

And you are. Any person would be lucky to have you in their life. And if they don’t see it, show ‘em your fav finger (it doesn’t have to be obscene… flash ‘em the pinky if it makes you feel good) and forget them. You deserve the best and you should only welcome the best into the special parts of your life and your heart.

Growing up, I had a little bit of an issue with negative self-talk. Speaking on behalf of girls and boys all over the world, I’m certain this is something everyone struggles with time to time. Common as it is, this is NOT a healthy habit. It doesn’t get you anywhere and it will leave you feeling miserable and hopeless. So cut out the murky, negative self-talk and tell yourself YOU ARE A CATCH.

Whether you are single, wondering when you are going to find that special someone that lights up your whole world/ why you haven’t been graced with someone so wonderful just yet or; you are in a relationship but still fear how someone so amazing could look at you with the same adoration you look at them with.

STOP WORRYING AND REMIND YOURSELF YOU ARE A CATCH.

Coming up with positive attributes about yourself can be difficult, I know. If it helps, write down what you love about yourself on a piece of paper and keep it somewhere you’ll see frequently. Heck, say it out loud to yourself every morning in front of the mirror if that’s more your kind of thing – or even if it’s not, just do it. I don’t care how uncomfortable it makes you.

Confession: I have tried both these exercises and weird as I felt doing it, it worked! Focusing on what you love about yourself will boost that self confidence in no time and can even change the world! Happy people are rare (even all those girls/boys with the “perfect” lives on social media could be putting up a fake façade). But if you are truly happy with who you are, nothing can break down that happiness for more than like .586 nano seconds.

I wrote a post on “fake it til you make it” over a year ago, yet it remains of my favorite mottos. Even if you are stuck in a dark place where it seems impossible to even find one thing about yourself, pretend you loooove something as simple as your own smile and I promise, after flashing your own pearly whites to yourself a couple times, you will really begin to truly love it! These methods are tried and true folks. Make it true for you too.

And no… I am not saying once you tell yourself you are a catch you will always feel like the bomb diggity. In fact, the world beats down harder on happy people. Just do your best to rise above it. And when you catch yourself questioning your self- worth, flash that fav finger to the little devil messing with your perfectly beautiful and capable mind and remind yourself that you are the girl with the

Firm faith in God
Lips you would kiss if they weren’t already attached to your face
Hilariously delightful humor
Strong body and mind
Charitable heart
Betty Crocker’s hardest competition
Cultural experiences
Open mind
And loving soul.


I AM A CATCH. AND SO ARE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment