Monday, April 20, 2015

Love yo-self

Hey hey hey world it's your girl C-Money here comin at cha live with a new remix because dead week is upon us, I feel overwhelmed and I desperately need a reason to paint my thoughts constructively otherwise you might see little Claire chunks all over my room due to an overproduction of finals anxiety.

Alright my rant is over. Let's get down to the good stuff. 

So today, as I sat in my Family Finance class my fingers wandered over to a little place most commonly known as Pinterest but to me it's called easy procrastination. 

And there I did find a lovely pin that spoke to the deeper sides of my beating heart.

It said:

The fact that someone else loves you doesn't rescue you from the project of loving yourself. 

Boom diddy, did that ring true to anyone else? I love this. A lot a lot a lot.

You guys! Loving yourself is no easy task at times and I don't think many people would list themselves as something they love if they were to write a list of things they <3 most. And I just don't think it should be this way. As I've said before, you are a catch and one dang sweet pea at that so love yourself because no one better can treat you as special as you can. Don't get me wrong, receiving love from outsides sources is just as important, but if you don't love yourself first, how can you expect anyone else to give you the love you deserve? Uh huh, chew on that. 

Now it's time for a little public service announcement to all my loyal readers (hi mom and dad hehe). Except the parentals are already in the know of this little tid bit so I guess I am just adding this because I am kind of stoked on it (and it's important to the message of this post).

There's this boy my heart's been attaching itself to recently and I even though I am still getting used to saying "yes" when people ask me if I am dating anyone I'm really enjoying all my time spent with this special one. 

So what I am getting at here is the difference in this relationship than what I've had in the past (besides the fact he's one of the coolest people I've had the pleasure of getting to know... but before this gets too cheesy, which it would because I could go on and on about things I dig about him, I will get to my point). I've never loved myself more than I do now and to be honest I owe so much of this newfound love and confidence in myself to my beautiful experiences abroad as well as my time at Utah State University. 

The only other relationship I've had was with someone in high school and the end was super rocky for me because he was my happy during the months we dated. When our relationship was over, it seemed so was my zest for life. I didn't know what I wanted to do with life (senior year in high school calls for some major and scary decisions), I didn't know my place in life and most importantly I didn't know myself. I was letting myself rely on others for happiness, which is bad news bears because people come and go so you should never place something as critical as your self-worth and love on something that can so easily walk away. 

Experiences in the last two years have pushed me to my limits and I have allowed the hardships to help me grow. I've learned how capable I am, my roll in my own life and in the lives of others, and I've taken special notice to the little things that matter and not so much notice to the little things that seem like a bigger deal than they are. Everything I have learned has helped me to love myself and that has been the greatest blessing. I can cheer myself up on a bad day and I never allow others to make me feel inferior. I am my own happy and instead of finding it in others I can share it with the people I love. The way others feel about you should not determine the way you feel about yourself. 

So just because someone loves you does not mean you can stop loving yourself. You gotta love yourself first and foremost so you always know what you deserve and what you can give. 

Here's to BAEing yourself <3

No comments:

Post a Comment