Wednesday, January 29, 2014

the bucket list.

Alright folks. It's Wednesday night. Formally known as Hump Day. And I simply could not handle anymore scholarly related brainwork. So I took that brain energy and put it to something useful.... like a list of things I hope to accomplish before I "kick the bucket".

Without any specific order, let's goooooo

1.     Study abroad in a foreign country
2.     Be a counselor at EFY
3.     Live in Europe for at least 1-2 years. Why not?
4.     Run a marathon (and/or) complete a triathlon
5.     Take a ride in a hot air balloon
6.     Be someone’s maid of honor
7.     Smash a pie in someone’s face
8.     Have someone smash a pit in MY face
9.     Learn to play the guitar (at least a couple songs)
10. Backpack through Europe for a whole summer
11. Get married in the temple
12. Go on a camping trip and sleep in hammocks
13. Do humanitarian work in a third world country
14. Have kids of my own
15. Ride an elephant in Thailand
16. Take a trip to Lake Powell… for like at least three weeks straight
17. Hike the Narrows
18. Go to Moab
19. Go repelling somewhere incredible (like down a waterfall)
20. Go streaking
21. Learn to scuba dive
22. Take a gondola ride in Venice
23. Meet Will Smith. Perhaps give him a nice smooch
24. Watch the running of the bulls in Spain
25. Fly first class to an international destination
26. Order room service in a 5 star hotel
27. Catch a shark
28. Spend New Year’s Eve in Times Square
29. Ice skate a Rockefeller Center during Christmas time
30. Cut myself a piece of expensive gouda cheese using that special cheese tasting device
31. Dive the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
32. Swim in the Dead Sea
33. Go snowmobiling
34. Build an igloo
35. Kiss my lover on the kiss cam at a sporting event
36. Go to Disney World
37. Go to Harry Potter World
38. Plant a garden
39. Get one of my photographs in The National Geographic Magazine
40. Learn a foreign language
41. Watch baby turtles hatch and find their way to the sea
42. Party at the Carnival in Rio
43. Witness the Northern Lights
44. Visit the seven wonders of the world
45. Publish an article about my travels
46. Go on a safari in Africa
47. Cross a glacier on foot
48. Climb an active volcano
49. Create a “signature” dish of my own to serve at family gatherings
50. Attend Coachella
51. Touch a musician’s hand while they are performing
52. Attend the Olympics (at an age I can recall. I simply can’t count my childhood experience)
53. Lock a love lock to the bridge in Paris with my hubby
54. Be in the stands when two rival South American club teams play each other in soccer
55. Adopt a furry friend
56. Get that rock hard six pack
57. Kiss a stranger
58. Make a difference in someone’s life
59. Shower in a waterfall
60. Kiss under the fireworks
61. Be serenaded to
62. Go white water rafting
63. Go cliff jumping into the ocean
64. Ride a camel
65. Road trip to California with ma ladies before we get married
66. Tell a boy “I love you” and really mean it
67. Play an elaborate practical joke on someone
68. Be kissed in the pouring rain
69. Pay for the person’s meal behind me at a fast food place
70. Learn to ballroom dance properly
71. Spend a whole day reading a novel
72. Tell a judge “You can’t handle the truth!”
73. Host a tea party. Make it utterly sophisticated. And perhaps play a quaint game of croquet
74. Go ice fishing
75. Pet a polar bear
76. Learn self defense
77.  Serve a mission with my spouse
78. Scream at the top of my lungs on a mountain top
79. Make spaghetti tacos like the ones in ICarly
80. Learn to surf
81. Wear really red lipstick on a casual day just for fun
82. Kiss at the top of the Eiffel Tower
83. Drive a sports car over 150 mph
84. Stay at a Bed and Breakfast with my significant other
85. Enjoy a really really expensive dinner at one of the world’s best restaurants
86. Go to Lake Tahoe
87. Ride a Farris Wheel at sunset
88. Crash a wedding
89. Find a cause and raise a significant amount of money toward it
90. Go to Marti Gras in New Orleans
91. Milk a cow
92. Visit Machu Picchu
93. Go on date to a drive in movie and cuddle in the bed of the truck
94. Learn CPR
95. Eat a foreign delicacy that sounds disgusting
96. Send the President an invitation to my wedding
97. Send Mickey and Minnie Mouse and invitation to my wedding
98. Choose a favorite painting, and then visit it in person
99. Go on a sleigh ride at temple square during Christmas time
100.  Bury a time capsule at the top of a mountain

I am sure this list will continue to grow as I live on, but I hope I can be checking things off along the way. 
This was a pretty fun exercise, so whatcha waitin' for? MAKE YOURS.







1 comment:

  1. Claire, you are such a cool cat! two words.. Spring Break! I have a few ideas about crossing a few of those off for you! :)

    ReplyDelete