Sunday, September 15, 2013

True Aggie Night.

Friday the 13th. Weird things happen on this infamous day right? Right. Because on this Friday the 13th I became a True Aggie. What is a "True Aggie" you ask? Well, at Utah State University the tradition holds that if you stand on the block "A" in the quad at midnight under a full moon and kiss someone who is already a True Aggie, you become a True Aggie as well. The two exceptions to the full moon and the kiss to someone already a True Aggie are 1) Homecoming and 2) A-Day. Last Friday happened to be Homecoming Weekend.
Now, I was not planning on becoming a True Aggie that night. In fact, I vowed I wouldn't do it because my roommates weren't going to and it was after the Homecoming Dance so I would be all sweaty (YUCK). All my roomies bet on me that I would cave and do it but I seriously wasn't feeling it. BUT when we found a good spot to watch all our fellow classmates become True Aggies I got a text from one of my friends asking me if I already had a date. I wasn't opposed, BUT I didnt want my roommates to be right so I ignored the text. About 5 minutes later, Kameron came and found me and so sweetly said, "If you don't already have someone to become a True Aggie with tonight, I would love to be yours." Okay, I don't exactly like him that way but did that make my heart melt? Yes. BUT I wasn't going to let me roommates win the bet so I said I wasn't going to do it tonight. As he was walking away two of my roommates were like "Claire! How could you reject that offer?! That was so cute!" So after some convincing I let one of them text him back saying I would take him up on his offer. In a moment he came back for me and we walked to the back of the huuuuuuuuuge line together. We were talking and such and we realized the people getting the biggest applause's were obviously the people proposing. So being awesome like we are we decided hey! go big or go home... lets get engaged! ;) Rachel gave us one of the rings she was wearing so it would look legit. 
Before I knew it we were next in line! We walked up the stairs, I turned around, and Kameron got on one knee. I am soooo not a good actor whatsoever. So it was clearly fake. But we sure got some cheering and being completely unlike myself, went PDA to the max in front of hundreds of strangers! And just like that, I became a True Aggie! [and an engaged woman ;) ] 


Just in case kissing in front of hundreds of people wasn't enough, I posted this video to the internet

Kameron Quaid Drage and I.
 Just getting engaged a couple weeks into freshman year ;)
True Aggies Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment