Thursday, September 26, 2013

Half Pints Only

This past week was a good one! Tuesday I got to go down to Salt Lake for The Lumineers concert and this weekend my home girl Emily came up to visit me (:

So the concert. Now that's a high and a low. It was The Lumineers so obviously it was a fabulous show... but unfortunately they only played about 5 songs :( It ended up being canceled due to the weather. It was only sort of windy...I didn't think it was bad but they have to be cautious to keep us safe. Safety takes priority over good music I guess. Dang it. But it was alright because the songs they played rocked and I got a super duper comfy cozy band T which is always a good thing!

Here we are at the concert! 


And then this weekend I had some nice quality time with emmydubs. She came up Friday and we went  and got some delicious Indian food! Okay, this place sounds sketch.. it was in a gas station... haha but I swear it was soooo stinkin' good! We got chicken curry, naan, and a mango lassi! Mmmm mmmm mmm. This place is like rated #1 in Logan and it's no joke either. The place was packed. Seriously every seat was taken. So moral of the story, if you want some Indian delicacies, check out your local gas station.  You may be surprised.

We also went and got Coldstone because that is our place! We go pretty much every time we hang out and let me tell ya, we hang out very often. I'm crossing my fingers this ice cream keeps finding somewhere to go...

In addition we went to the mall and got some real treasures. First, we found the cutest slouchy cardigans at American Eagle for a steal! It was originally priced $50 and we got them for $20! Holla! I almost didn't get one because they were gone in my size but as we were walking out I saw one of the mannequins wearing it and it was just the one I was looking for! The second thing we got was most definitely the best 50 cents I have ever spent. Check these guys out.... 

Right to Left: Ralph, Pocket Pig (Em already had him) and Gunther. <3
Ralph belongs to me. Gunther belongs to Em.

The rest of the weekend involved these guys immensely. What can I say, we love to spoil our pets!

Also, the Cache Valley Mall is cool because the play area is completely dedicated to sweets and treats. If you know me well, you know that I have the sweetest sweet tooth. So naturally when I saw this place I freaked and me and Em had a lovely photo shoot atop a cupcake with sprinkles. On another note, me and Em have a thing for the self timer app. We like to take really heshy, candid photos. Heres a sample:

Did I mention this picture caused us to get kicked out of the mall? Yeah, apparently the mall cops don't like it when you stay past closing to take selfies on cupcakes... weird, I know.

In case you were wondering, this post is titled "Half Pints Only" because that was what the sign going into the play area said. Although most of our weekend revolved about the type of food we were going to eat next, I would say we fall under the category of "Half Pint". 

Saturday was a lovely day because we explored Main Street (which I have to say, walking around I decided I have fallen head over heels in love with Logan). This place is way to cute. I love all the vintage shops and the people you meet. Needless to say, even though we didn't get around to getting an authentic fountain drink at the BlueBird (I told you all we did was cared about was our cuisine) it was an afternoon well spent. After that we rolled on over to the DI- I found myself an excellent Christmas fleece- went to Al's Sporting Goods- got an awesome deal on some new climbing shoes! yay!- and then of course we ended up at Olive Garden. Sheesh we are fatties sometimes. Oh well YOLO right? Carly came to this part and while we were there she was feeling left out without a puppy of her own so after pounding down some pasta we went back to the mall and got her a puppy[puppies]. See, first she got a Gunther, then two Ralphs, then a chubby wiener dog, and eventually ended up with Henry. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the whole gang, but they do now sit on our TV amongst some army dudes Carl found. 

All in all, when I see Emily twice in one week, it is a good week.




No comments:

Post a Comment